Our attorneys advise clients on trademark selection, adoption, use and registration, brand development, and dispute resolution. We manage portfolios of trademarks for our clients, and work regularly with the U.S. Trademark Office in the registration of trademarks and in opposition and cancellation proceedings.
We assist clients in establishing licensing programs of their trademarks and copyrights in areas as diverse as adult clothing and children’s toys, publishing and digital content. We represent licensees seeking to expand their businesses with licensed properties, as well as music, film, and television producers in their rights and clearances efforts. This practice group is chaired by Donyale Reavis and she may be reached at here.
- Trademark selection, search, adoption, use and registration
- Trademark Monitoring & Renewals
- Trademark Office Actions, opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Trademark portfolio management
- Trademark Enforcement & USPTO litigation
- Brand development
- Dispute resolution
- Copyright registration
- Recording registrations with US Customs and Border Protection
- Analyzing substantial similarity and validity
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notices
- Internet law and unfair competition
- Fair Use
- Design modifications, substantial similarity, the right to compete
- Fashion: IP rights, trends, and issues of infringement
- Writing & Publishing rights
- Licensing and merchandising agreements in music, film, television, art, literature, and technology.
- Counseling on rights and clearances efforts